On Saturday I tackled something that’s been on my list for a long time. I pinned a DIY Roman Shade to one of my pinterest boards over a year ago and just yesterday completed this task. Since last year, dozens of DIY Roman shades have circled the web so instead of giving a tutorial, I’ll just post the sites I referenced and get straight to the photos. One note, I did add blackout lining to our shades in order to see the pattern on the fabric. During the day, the window is bathed in light and I like to keep the blinds open for the light but without the blackout lining, I wouldn’t have been able to really see the details in the fabric. So, if you have any questions about adding blackout lining to a roman shade, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I’ll be glad to walk you through the process.
The blogs I referenced are following:
And without further adieu, here are the photos.
In case you are wondering, the fabric I chose can be found here. And now that I’ve figured out what I am doing, I am thinking about tackling two more for the small windows in our bathroom.