Well it has been one year since I started this little blog. Last year I made a list of some goals I wanted to accomplish or areas I wanted to improve on in my life for that year. I didn’t complete the list, but I made a pretty good dent. So, I thought I would look back at some of the items completed, and start a new list.
2. My chair project was featured on Design Sponge.
4. We ripped out and installed new trim in the Living Room and Dining Room.
5. We painted the front porch.
6. I created a Roman shade for the kitchen and have plans to create two more.
8. We had plenty of weekends of yard work. There are plenty ahead!
So…I think we accomplished quite a lot this year, considering Matthew is in seminary and we are both working full time jobs.
Now onto this year’s goals.
The first two are rollover items from last year’s list.
1. Complete travel books for Italy (traveled over 5 years ago), Lake Tahoe (2.5 years ago) and London (2 years ago). We’ve got more traveling on our list…so this needs to be completed for real. In an effort to push things along, I started the Have Passport, Will Travel series on the blog, but it’s been lacking with the holiday festivities this fall.
Install shelves in the guest bathroom. We’ve got most of the wood, we’ve just got to do it. Paint shelves in guest bathroom.
3. Refinish and
recover the 8 dining chairs.
4. Refinish the dining room table.
5. Finish repainting window and door trim in the living room and dining room.
That’s it. Those are my goals. Like last year, I’m sure I’ll find other projects to do along the way. As always, I’ll keep you posted on the progress.